HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Sunday 1 April 2007

GUYNO IN THE DERBY

Guyno showed that he new exactly which way to go with a display of toughness, courage and straight out staying ability when he won the WATC DERBY in brilliant style yesterday.

GUYNO showed that to win a big race like the Derby, everything has to be in order and nothing can be left to chance. That is the way I approached the race during the past few weeks when I realised that if we were to beat NEW SPICE, we needed to improve about four lengths. The improvement was there it just had to be brought out and that's where a slight change in training tactics seem to have worked wonders with him.

After his last start defeat, I soon realised that my horse was already as physically fit as I could get him however I needed to get his mind a bit stimulated as life had become a bit boring for him. During the past two weeks the horse only went to the track on two occasions and that was for a couple of grass track workouts. In between the horse did a bit of arena work, some bush work, some trail walks and some river swimming. I just kept my fingers crossed that I didn't stuff up.

With the horse now a bit keener to perform, I felt it was time to reapply the blinkers to help him take advantage of his good barrier and his new lease on life. I am not sure which individual thing had the most effect on him but the proof of the pudding is in the eating and GUYNO certainly didn't let the team down.

At this stage I am not certain what the immediate future holds in store for him and no plans have been made for him. The horse has pulled up better than his trainer who may need a few more days to get over the "hard run."Then again he is younger than me so he is entitled to pull up better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home