HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Friday 4 January 2008

GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF PINJARRA FIASCO

I know I've said it before and no doubt I will say it again. This site is intended to be an informative site for my clients and anyone who cares to browse. It is NOT intended as a WHINGE site. That is until I see or read absolute crap!!!!

Whilst browsing the RWWA web site this afternoon I read with interest that the Pinjarra Cup which was to be run at Pinjarra on March 2nd over 2300m is now to be run at Ascot on March 24th over 2400m. Thanks guys. Thanks very bloody much. It just goes to show how little those involved with programming know about preparing horses for any race, let alone a $100,000 Listed race over a journey.

I have just brought my horse GUYNO back from the farm where he spent a week or so freshening up after the Cox Stakes. The reason he came back today is that he needed to run over 1800m at Ascot on February 9th to be ready for the original programming of the Pinjarra Cup. Had I been told earlier that the Cup was to be run at the end of March instead of the beginning, I could have programmed his races and career better.

All the programming issues aside, what really gets under my skin is why we are having all these problems with the Pinjarra track in the first place. I did make mention of this a good few months ago on this site and have received a very cold shoulder from those in charge ever since. What amazes me is that the redevelopment works which were carried out, were supposed to have been done in such a way that we would be back racing on the track by January this year. As I said on this site back in about mid September 2007..... that we had mine and Buckley's chance of doing so looking at the progress throughout the year. Every man and his dog who looked at the works at the time knew that the redevelopment was a complete and utter stuff up. Everyone except those in charge that is. Everyone except those on the Pinjarra Committee involved with the work through to those involved at RWWA who incidentally I believe oversaw the whole sorry affair and works at Pinjarra.

Well it just goes to show that perhaps they would all be better off doing what they do best and leaving race track redevelopment to those who know a bit about it. What any of them knew about race course redevelopment would collectively fit into a proverbial egg cup and that is where it should stay. I personally have had a guts full of the lack of answers forthcoming from our industry leaders about just why and who stuffed up. I can guarantee one thing for sure. Nobody will put their hand up to take the blame and nobody will be held responsible or taken to task over the stuff up. And that is the only way to describe the total fiasco which is the Pinjarra Race Track Redevelopment.

I know. It is just Louie having another whinge. Well if I didn't have my whole livelihood in an industry which appears to be run by so many incompetents; I wouldn't have to!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home