HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Sunday 26 October 2008

GUYNO TO PUSH ON

I have to say that I went to Geelong last week with a horse I thought would win the Geelong Cup. I left the course convinced that my judgement was fairly spot on however I had not allowed for as much bad luck. I am confident and convinced that we should have either won or run second at worst in the event.

That may be a big call considering the horse was beaten 3.5 lengths and appeared to have had the run of the race. What it does not show is how badly the horse was held up from about the 550m mark until about the 150m mark by which time it was all over. My own impression was that the horse was unlucky and would have run a place with clear running. The jockey revealed after the race that in his opinion there was no doubt he was going to win the race before running into a dead end.

The horse has come out of the race feeling great and we aim to continue on with him. The horse will run again at Flemington next Saturday in the 2500m SAAB Quality and we will reassess our options then. The horse is giving every indication that the 3200m of the Cup will pose no problems for him however there is no doubt that with all the European runners in the race this year, it will be a very very tough race to win.

Then again if I know my owners, they are not the type to ever die wondering!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home