HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Monday 28 September 2009

GUYNO LOOKING AT "METROP"

Stable favourite GUYNO has done everything asked of him in preparation for his upcoming races and at this stage everything is on target for him to contest this weekends METROPOLITAN HCP at Randwick. This will be his first attempt at racing in the clockwise direction however I am confident that he will not have any problems in adapting.

GUYNO was earmarked for the "METROP" some time ago after discussions with the owners and a comprehensive look at the field quality in past runnings of the race. The horse has also be nominated for The Bart Cummings Hcp at Flemington on Saturday but this is purely as a precautionary measure in case anything should happen over the next few days to make us change our minds. The horse has had a number of gallops in the clockwise way of going back home prior to his departure so running in the opposite way to what he is accustomed to should not pose to many problems for him. Prior to leaving home, we were given permission to gallop on the course proper at Belmont in the Sydney way of going and we were more than happy with how he came through the workouts.

The horse will have his final gallop at Flemington tomorrow morning and will head to Sydney later in the week. The biggest thing which could make me change my mind would be if Sydney is suddenly hit with any heavy rain late in the week as I am not convinced that he handles wet tracks. We set the horse for the "METROP" after realising that he would get into the race with a very winnable weight at a trip which he has had his two biggest victories. Unfortunately the weights look like going up a few kilo's after the top weighted horses have either been retired or withdrawn over the past few weeks. It will still be a hard race to win with the likes of Mr Clangtastic, Zavite, Speed Gifted and Ready To Lift all sure to offer tough opposition.

GUYNO will head back to Melbourne after his Sydney trip and either contest the Geelong Cup, the Caulfield Cup or the Winning Edge Stakes at Caulfield at his next start.

HOOFNOTE: I have to once again apologise for my slackness in not keeping this web page more up to date. I have to admit that I much prefer to do my work outdoors and I really am allergic to office work in particular computer work. Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Maybe a bit of laziness there as well! It never ceases to amaze me from where I get comments on the web site so I will do my best to be a bit more regular with my updates. Thanks for all the comments.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mick said...

Lou thanks very much for the update. I've recently stumbled on your blog and it's great.

A pity it has been pouring in Randwick tonight; with a dry track I feel Guyno would have won the Metrop..

2 October 2009 at 8:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home