HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Tuesday 2 January 2007

Good Start To New Year

Priceless Symbol keeps Cup Day record intact!

I can not remember the last time that I had a runner on Cup Day and didn't win a race. I am not sure of the reason why but Perth Cup Day seems to be very very lucky for me.

Over the years, if I have had a runner on Cup day I have won a race and yesterday was no exception. I must admit that I was not super confident going into the mounting yard with a runner who's only win was a maiden at York last season however his form of late had been very good.

Dion rides this horse in great style and yesterdays ride was no exception. Dion settled the horse well back before weaving his way through the field coming to the corner and getting a split in the straight. Priceless Symbol is no champion but if he continues to race in his current form there are more wins in store for him.

As I said, this win continues a lucky streak for me on Cup Day. Other winners that I can remember include Turbonator in the same race last year, King Canute in the Cup in 2004, Zedavite, Highwood, Sheer Grey, Business Beat, Scouts Honour and Life. Even back in my ridding days I won on Ink Street on cup day. He must have been a good horse!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home