HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Thursday 7 June 2007

IT APPEARS TO GET EASIER FOR ALCEDO



JASON WHITING JUST CRUISES AROUND FOR THE RIDE ON ALCEDO YESTERDAY1

Two wins one week apart for up and coming young galloper ALCEDO and the second win appeared to be easier and more impressive than the third. This is the third win in a row for ALCEDO after having won at Northam about three weeks ago. It has been well documented, the frustration this horse has caused me and the disappointment he has caused the connections however good things come to those who wait...... or so the saying goes.

I must admit that when the owners informed me about six weeks ago that they had all had enough with the horse, that I was not surprised. I am not sure why but I talked the owners into leasing me the horse for a month or so as I felt we had not exhausted all our tricks with him. After agreeing to take him on lease and the owners agreeing to lease him to me, I felt that the horse started to turn the corner as far as putting things together. I told them all that I was happy to take him on lease, however I felt that they should continue on a bit longer with him before giving up.

As much as I may have missed out on a few extra dollars, nothing can compare with the thrill this horse winning has brought to his connections especially his most senior part owner Mr Vern Walsh.Vern brought the horse at the Perth yearling sales a few years ago under my recommendation and I must admit my judgement was starting to look pretty shaky there for a while. Vern has been a staunch stable supporter for a number of years and there was nothing I wanted more than to see this horse come good. Hopefully the horse can continue his rapid improvement of late and carry his form into Saturday company next start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home