HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Thursday 15 November 2007

ROYALE HARVEST IN LATE SWITCH.

Smart mare ROYALE HARVEST has had a late change to her program. I had intended to run the mare in the Peters Quality over 1500m. After studying the order of entry into the Railway Stakes where she is 22nd in order of entry, I felt it best to stick to the short course races. The mare has a real chance in the Colonel Reeves Stakes over 1200m on Saturday instead of taking on the smart El Presidente over 1500m in a race where he looks to have his opposition covered.

The Colonel Reeves Stakes is a race I have had a fair bit of success in over the years and I am confident that ROYALE HARVEST is every bit as good as any of my previous winners. If she doesn't win at least I know that I have been able to get her into the race on a winnable weight instead of having to carry 55.0kg like she would have to in the Railway Stakes if she did gain a start!!

After all, I am sure that it is part and parcel of a trainers job to place horses in such a way on the way through, so as to get horses into big races on a weight that they can win with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home