HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Friday 4 April 2008

HUGE DAY AT ASCOT THIS WEEKEND

All the preliminaries are over. All the excuses have been made and all the ifs and maybes have been contemplated. Tomorrow its time for the state's best two year olds to head to the barrier and put it all on the line. I was going to say go to the barrier to do battle however that is one thing none of us want to see. Me personally; I just want to see a great race with minimal interference. Most of all I would like to see a race run where the victor wins on its merits and the beaten brigade have not been denied a fair chance by over zealous or careless riding.

The race brings together what certainly looks like the best two year old field ever assembled so far this season. The right run, a clever ride and a brave heart by both horse and rider are going to be the main ingredients for success. There will be no time to make a wrong move as I can see the winner breaking 1:10 tomorrow.

Tomorrow sees the running of the richest race for two year olds in this state, the KARRAKATTA PLATE. I have been there before with favourites and long shots. I've won the race twice before and I can honestly say that I should have won at least five Karrakatta's. Daring Hombre was a good thing beaten as was Hardrada. The barrier and ride beat BUSINESS BEAT. Others were simply over the top on the day.

Tomorrow I go to the races with a horse who I believe to be the equal of any of my previous runners and better than both of my two winners. That is where I see him at the same stage anyway. That is not to say that the tomorrow's opposition are also a good bit better than what my two winners defeated in their races. AMELIA'S REASON has had two sensational victories but let his backers down last start when playing up in the barriers prior to the race. The horse took a few days to get over the barrier scare however his work since suggests that he is back to his old self. That being the case I wouldn't want to be taking any other runner to the races tomorrow for this years Karrakatta Plate.

In the race prior to the Karrakatta Plate we have HIFALUTIN taking on the big boys at W.F.A. This will be no easy assignment for this gutsy filly with the likes of Marasco and Scenic Blast both set to dominate the race. The race is run at HIFALUTIN'S pet distance and I am confident that she will not disgrace herself. I will assess her performance tomorrow before we decide on exactly which way we will go with her from here on. She may have a spell or she may just have an easy couple of weeks before we set her for Belmont feature races.

All in all it is a big day out at the track tomorrow with the running of the W.A. DERBY also on the card and plenty of strong support races as well. If I can win one race tomorrow I will come home a very happy man. Two and you may not see me for a few days!!!!!! C ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home