HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Saturday 3 October 2009

BLOODY WEATHER!!!!!!

Obviously I have done something to upset the weather gods here in Sydney. Months of planning and all the last minute precautions, Doting the i's and crossing the t's has all gone out the window with a night of thunderstorms followed by a morning of steady rain.

As I sit here in my hotel room watching the steady drizzle continuing to fall on the balcony out my window, I wonder what the day has in store but more so, what might have been. When I arrived in town on Thursday it was 34 degrees after a month of generally warm dry weather. Just what the doctor ordered I thought. A quick walk out on the course proper yesterday had me jumping for joy. The track was firm and fast (just how he likes it) and he had travelled up well and had settled in quickly.The rest was going to be up to luck in running.

Suddenly the weather gods figured that to travel over from the other side of the country to take on the best of the locals was not a big enough obstacle. A wet track would be a great idea to test out my sense of humour. I can say with some confidence that my sense of humour has well and truly been tested and the weather gods have won. I hope they are @#%&@*! happy!!!!

My son Dion, my jockey Jason Whiting and I walked the Randwick track this morning at about 6.30am. We started at the 1600m mark and after only 200m I knew we were in trouble. What I didn't realise was that this was the best section of the track. It got worse from there on. Dead 5 they say with the chance of more heavy rain to come. Even the ducks were flying north!! Dead 5 my @#$%. Tell that to my "Rivers" boots that I was wearing at the time. The lady at the cafe where we went for breakfast after the walk thought I'd had a little "accident" under the table when she spotted the little puddle forming under my chair. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was actually from my shoes. Dion and Fishy were so busy laughing, the effect of the truth would have been lost anyway!!!

Its just not fair. I know, I know. Nobody ever said it would be but it doesn't have to be this bloody hard either. Anyway what will be will be. As I continued the morning moaning and whingeing, Dion kept saying not to worry. "They all have to go through it." The cup is always half full with him! I wish I had his sense of positiveness. Then again I probably did back when I was his age!

Time to go out and buy a pair of flippers and a snorkel. Maybe even a "Driazabone." thanks to all the good wishes I have received via email and sms. We will give it our best shot and if anyone has a direct line to the big guy upstairs or a set of rosary beads, now would be a great time to put it to use.
We live in hope!!!

Catch ya!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Makin said...

Lou

What a shame about the day

The main thing is Jason didn't seem to knock your little mate around

Hope Guyno hasn't taken too much harm from the run but outward appearances suggest he didn't thanks to Jasons good judgement

There is always a silver lining even though the clouds over Randwick didn't seem to have any

Good things will COME Guynos way ....Dion is right ...being positive is the way to go.

A big win is just around the corner

Cheers

Paul Makin

4 October 2009 at 9:35 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home