HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Wednesday 30 December 2009

ALMOHAD ALL DRESSED UP BUT NOWHERE TO GO!!!

On Sunday I stated on this site that a start in the Cup for ALMOHAD was looking more and more doubtful by the day. My assessment that he would be second emergency or maybe first emergency at best was proven to be correct however I was still hopeful of gaining a last minute reprieve. As it stands right now some 38 hours away from final scratchings, that reprieve is looking more and more doubtful by the minute.I have kept my ear to the ground for any news of a late scratching but nothing appears likely.

I have to admit that it is a very strange feeling and one I wouldn't wish on anyone. It is bad enough when you have an emergency in any race and you are sweating on a run however to be first emergency in the Cup with a horse who is ready to run a big race is a very sobering feeling indeed. As I have said all along, if we don't gain a start then so be it and we may run in an 1800m handicap on the same day or we will go for a short break and then have a crack at the SW Cups in a few months time.

One thing is for sure and that is once the final time comes to know if we have gained a run or not, I will be a lot more relaxed either way and hopefully get my first good nights sleep since late last week.

My dear old mum always said, "good things come to those who wait". Trust me mum, I'm waiting!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A boy scout is always prepared! It may still happen. Or, go round in the 1800m and just win! Your mumma told you there would be days like this! Good luck either way.

31 December 2009 at 12:23 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home