HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Saturday 20 February 2010

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!!!

I know its a popular song title but that's not what I was referring to. Yesterday I went down to Amelia Park to pick up my two horses, GUYNO and ALMOHAD who had both been taking it easy since they raced in the A.H.A Cup at Bunbury last Sunday.

Both horses came through the runs in great style and ALMOHAD has actually put on a bit of weight since the run. He will need to have a couple of serious workouts this week to ensure he is at his peak for the Pinjarra Cup next weekend. GUYNO on the other hand has tightened up a bit over the past few weeks and is now getting back to his peak fitness. Guyno is not one to get himself excited about very much and he is unlikely to ever break any records in his track work leading up to his races. I don't think I have ever handled a horse with such a good temperament. For that reason he usually takes a run or two to bring him to his top.

Now that the two boys are back at my Ascot stables I might be able to give my groin and hamstrings a bit of rest. I don't do trackwork at Ascot! Everyone seemed to get a real kick out of hearing that I had pulled up a bit "tight" after a couple of fast workouts down at the farm. Some people just seem to delight in others pain and misfortune.

The nastiest comment of all came from my son who I thought would be a bit more understanding. I told him that I was struggling to get GUYNO to go much faster than three quarter pace in his work at the farm and I couldn't work out whether it was the fact that the track was a bit soft or that the horse was too relaxed. "Are you sure it hasn't got something to do with the weight he is carrying" asked Dion? Cruel son,. Very cruel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home