HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Tuesday 9 February 2010

THE WORDS OF JOHN DENVER RINGING IN MY EARS

Whilst not professing to be a big fan of his, there was one song which contained the words something along the line of "Life on the farm is kinda laid back, early to rise and early in the sack". Well something like that anyway. Can't help feel a bit that way lately since I have been staying down at the "farm" (Amelia Park) as I get Guyno and ALMOHAD ready for their next races.

Although I grew up in the bush, it is certainly a strange feeling now some 40 years after heading to the big smoke, to get up at my usual City time of 3.45am and step outside to nothing but pitch black. No street lights, no lights coming from nearby buildings, no cars low flying along the highway and no paper at my doorstep . Just silence and black!!!!

I have to say that I am enjoying it more than I thought I would however I have to somehow let "Walshy" know that I am not able to stay up till all hours enjoying his hospitality, then still get up bright and early to go over and take care of my horses. I always enjoy riding my own horses in their slow work down here at the farm. Riding "long" is both enjoyable and comfortable for me however not so riding short!!!

Saturday morning I pulled my irons up and rode GUYNO and ALMOHAD "Jockey style" in their even time workouts. Not the cleverest thing I have done lately I have to say. I have to own up and maybe reluctantly agree with my son when he tells me I am getting old!! My groin and hamstrings feel like I have just competed in a triathlon! Not that I will let on to my son!

Anyway I am sure I will survive and live to fight another day. Even if it is from a the back of my new "Gopher".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home