HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Sunday 30 January 2011

THE YEAR OF THE DRAGON!!!

Well its not really. Its the year of the Rabbit in the Chinese horoscope however as far as we are concerned it is definitely the year of the DRAGON!

Yesterday, SMOKIN DRAGON made it three wins on the trot and the way he won suggests that there are more wins in store for him yet. That is of course if his suspect legs can keep going. I have said on many occasions that I reckon this horse was a genuine group class winner when he first came through my stables but unfortunately he went amiss. His form this campaign has done nothing to make me change my assessment of him.

I must admit that prior to yesterdays race I actually went to the stewards room to seek permission to scratch the horse. I was concerned about racing the horse on a surface which was rain effected and with some definite soft patches. After discussion with my owner and my son and after further inspection of the track, we decided to go ahead and run the horse. Jason whiting was instructed to keep the horse as wide as he could but to still try and get cover. It worked out perfectly with him being able to track the second favourite throughout in the four deep line before going wide on the bend.

SMOKIN DRAGON has a genuine will to win and is becoming a stable favourite. He is a magnificent type and I am keeping my fingers crossed that he stays sound for a lot longer. The horse has come through yesterdays race in good style and we will look for another race in a few weeks for him. The way he won yesterday suggests that 1600m would not be beyond him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home