HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Monday 1 August 2011

BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA

Today marks the beginning of a new era as far as LUCIANI RACING is concerned. As from today, I will be training in partnership with my son Dion and all horses trained by us will now race under the name of Lou and Dion Luciani in the race book however I am sure the scribes will refer to us as Team Luciani which is fair enough.

Whilst we could have stayed with just myself as the official trainer, I felt that in recognition of where Dion is at as far as the running of the stable and the training of the horses, he deserved to be elevated to the status of Trainer as he really has done his trainers apprenticeship having been involved since the day he could walk.

As far as the workings and everyday running of the stable is concerned, nothing changes. Both Dion and I do as we are told by Sarah! (Alias "She who must be obeyed"). As far as the work for the horses and the programming of race campaigns for them, Dion and I will be able to bounce off each other as to what we feel is the best for each horse. There is no doubt in my mind that the old adage of two heads are better than one will certainly hold true as far as the new partnership is concerned.

I am sure that as in any family business or new partnership, there are sure to be a few teething problems however if you see Dion and I with our hands around each others throats at the track over the next few weeks, just remember.....we are simply discussing things!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home