HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Sunday 12 June 2011

DOUBLE FOR TEAM LUCIANI.

Yesterday I went to the races with three runners. Two babies in the 2yo race and AMELIAS DANCER in the last. Whilst I was fairly confident about AMELIAS DANCER, I actually thought the effort of CHARCOAL ROSE at her previous start had been a bit underestimated and with any luck she would also be hard to beat. I left the course a very happy man with two winners and pretty proud of all my runners.

In the second race of the day I had two runners, CHARCOAL ROSE and BABY GLAM. Whilst I was very happy with the finishing effort of BABY GLAM, there is no doubt that the win of CHARCOAL ROSE was very sweet indeed. Not only because I part own the filly but because the relatively new bunch of owners in the filly are either first or second time owners and are a great bunch of knock about blokes. Most were involved with another horse I trained which won a maiden and ran a number of city placings however I am sure that nothing will replace the feeling of sharing ownership of a Saturday winner. The good odds which most of the boys were able to get early in the week certainly made the win even sweeter for them.

The win of AMELIAS DANCER in the final event, whilst certainly being more expected, was equally as satisfying. He is a big horse with a heap of ability but somewhat of a problem child. Not as far as soundness is concerned but as far as maturity both physical and mental. He is a real worry wort and can lose the plot quickly if allowed to get himself worked up. In a race he is a perfect gentleman however in training and at the stables, he has a long way to go to become the perfect race horse. Yesterdays race was run to suit and I am very excited about what the future holds for this horse. He may not get to his best this preparation but when he does he will be a serious race horse in anything up to 2200m or maybe even further.

Over the past few months the media have re-named my stables "TEAM LUCIANI" and I guess it is a fairly accurate description of where we are at and where we are heading. It is no secret that a few years ago I was more than happy to reduce my numbers,slow the work rate down a touch and take the opportunity to come up for air. Then along comes my son DION who decided that he would like to take up where the old man was about to leave off. It is a great feeling to have your family involved in the business and especially when it comes to the business of training horses.It is also no secret that the current wave of success that my stable is enjoying is in no small way, a direct reflection of Dion's efforts.

The media over the years have been quick to place tags on some racing families and although they have been far bigger operations than mine, it would be nice if some day TEAM LUCIANI can achieve some of the successes of TEAM HAWKES in Sydney and the FBI (Freedman family) in Melbourne. Strangely enough it will actually become TEAM LUCIANI as from the beginning of the new season as Dion and I will be taking out a joint licence and operating as a training partnership. I believe that Dion deserves to be recognised for the work and effort he puts in and together, I am confident that we can again raise the stable profile by the performances of our horses on the racetrack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home