HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Sunday 17 February 2008

PLENTY OF REASONS TO SMILE

AMELIA'S REASON really is very very good. That is as simple and as honest as I can be.

This two year old son of Rory's Jester had been talked about as the best two year old in town ever since his outstanding first up win last October. I said on this site last Friday that the time had now come for him to stand up to be counted. Well he not only stood to be counted, he beat the best field that could be put together in this state yesterday and in so doing confirmed my long held opinion of him.

AMELIA'S REASON is an easy horse to like. Not only because of his ability and his looks but because he is such a lout and so full of character. He can be a pain in the butt at times but he certainly can keep you on your toes with his antics. I am confident (maybe it is hope)that this boy will mature in the head as he gets older and lose his childish traits. If and when that does happen he could become quite awesome. I have never trained any of the Rory's Jester stock before and I am told that they are nothing but two year olds. I have been wrong before but I feel that managed properly, I see no reason why I can't turn him into a top class three year old.

Meanwhile I have the task of keeping this horse physically and mentally fit for the next seven weeks as we target the Karrakatta Plate with him. How many race starts he should have between now and then will be the biggest problem and could make the difference between success and failure in the big one. Either way I am sure we will have a lot more fun along the way with this boy and continue to make a very big group of owners happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home