HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Tuesday 24 June 2008

I REST MY CASE!!!!

No this is not a whinge but simply an observation. Sitting back and watching what is happening in my beloved racing industry really does get under my skin at times but none more so than the article in this mornings press regarding the rating system revamp. I am not sure which is the most frustrating..... the obvious lack of knowledge and research which has gone into the article or the apparent lack of an answer to remedy the problem of small fields.

Why and how on earth can "RWWA put the heat on Perth Racing to come up with answers to get bigger fields?" RWWA are the ones in charge of this area so perhaps it is time for them to start to question their own policies. The new system of ratings based handicapping did not "see the minimum weights raised to 53.0kg" as was stated in the article. The 53.0kg minimum was around before then. Nor did it create "the compressed weights of Amici's race on Saturday" nor is ............. Oh why bother?

I had actually written another five or six, what I thought were very interesting and very pertinent paragraphs regarding the article, the press, RWWA and the small field sizes. Not being a full bottle on the laws pertaining to DEFAMATION in this country, I decided it would be wiser to take them off the site. Perhaps one day those in charge of our industry may work out that most of the answers to the problem of small field sizes are right under their noses..... but I doubt it!

As I said at the beginning.... I rest my case!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always good to read the words of wisdom from Lou Luciani.

I am regular viewer of your web site and enjoy contents.

I may not always agree with your comments but your opinions are always enjoyable to read and listen to in person.

26 June 2008 at 11:41 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home