HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Monday 3 November 2008

NEARLY THERE

We are now only 31 hours away from the official start time for the 2008 MELBOURNE CUP and I have to say that the hype and build up to the event is something else. There is no doubt in the world that when it comes to staging a major sporting event, the "Melburnians" do it the very best.

I go into the race with the "despised roughie" and even though GUYNO is likely to start as the longest priced horse in the race, I am convinced and confident that my horse will run a very much better race than his price suggests. There is always a doubt about many of the horses getting a strong 3200m, GUYNO included. Under normal circumstances I would have no doubt about GUYNO getting 3200m however this year with a genuine speed sure to be on from the outset courtesy of our Irish raiders, it promises to be an even tougher 3200m.

GUYNO continues to please in everything he does and I could not be happier with the way he has trained on throughout this campaign. He cantered three laps of the small sand track this morning and was quite full of himself even with his relaxed nature. The horse is as fit as we can have him and given a trouble free run I will not be looking for any excuses for him after the race.

There is no doubt that GUYNO deserves to be the price he is on exposed form however that does not stop me from being very keen on his chances. Rain is falling at the moment which is fairly typical of Melbourne however I think with the wind which is also expected, the track should be good come race time. Hopefully the track may even be a bit firm which will suit my horse and tell against the European horses.

We head out later this morning for the parade through the city and I hope it isn't raining when we do the lap of the city in the back seat of the convertible as I don't own an umbrella!

I caught up with GUYNO'S jockey Craig Newitt at Flemington on Saturday and I was quite surprised and very pleased as to just how keen and positive he was about the horses chances. Even for someone who has been around for as long as I have it is hard to impress me with bullshit but I was impressed with Craig's bullish attitude.

Anyway, enough from me for now. Whatever you do back in the Cup don't be to scared to have five each way on GUYNO. He will give you a run for your money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home