HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Friday 2 January 2009

GUYNO...WAY TO GO!!!! GO YOU GOOD THING.

Don't tell me I didn't tell you. It was all there in black and white for those of you who follow this news page. GUYNO was back and ready to attack. THE FUZZ and BALLACK were the two to beat. Those who followed my tips at the races yesterday had a very tidy collect. To add to the 1,2,3, I also told those at my table yesterday to throw EXHILARATING in to the quartet. No wonder they were all happy after the race.

All the bragging aside, I have to say that yesterday's win was very very special. There is something about my little mate GUYNO which sets him apart from most horses. He has the best temperament of any horse I have ever trained and what he lacks in ability he makes up for in courage. He is so full of guts and determination he leaves no doubt that he has had a go. And yesterday was no exception.

On a day where the weather was hot and the easterlies were blowing, every jockey wanted to be in the first four all day or they figured they couldn't win. All except "The Fish" on board GUYNO. Going out the straight the first time he was in last position, two off the fence and with a lot of work to do. Not only that, he was in the very position that nobody else wanted to be in. Then again, what everyone else wants to do has never really concerned Fishy and I so I wasn't too concerned. When he was still back there at the 800m mark, I have to say that even I was starting to get a bit anxious.

As the field started to wheel around the turn and GUYNO came to the outside I could tell we were going to be right in the mix. GUYNO sprinted like I have never seen him sprint before, he covered the field quickly and stuck his nose in front at the right time. The rest as they say is history. Full credit must go to the horse for having the constitution to handle all that we have asked him to do and special thanks to my son Dion who looked after the horse throughout his stay in Melbourne ensuring that we had a horse safe and sound and able to go on with it when he arrived home.

GUYNO has pulled up well from his race yesterday and he will be given a couple of easy days of hand walking with an odd swim or two thrown in over the next couple of days. He will then go out for a well earned spell and at this stage I will not be making any set plans for him. What I do know is that he is now fully qualified for the 2009 Caulfield and Melbourne Cups should we elect to go that way with him. If not I am sure that there are a number of other suitable races around the country which he is more than capable of shaking the life out of given the right conditions.

Thank you to all the many well wishes who have sent through words of congratulations via text, voice mail and email. It has been a very "HEAVY" last 15 to 20 hours and I am going to need GUYNO'S constitution to help see me through the next week or so!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home