HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Friday 30 January 2009

N.Z. YEARLINGS AVAILABLE.

I have just returned from the yearling sales in N.Z. and I have to say that the whole trip was a real eye opener. There is no doubt in the world that if there is such a thing as reincarnation, I would like to come back as a race horse raised in N.Z. It really is an amazing place for horses to be raised. The paddock feed has more goodness and protein than what we are capable of feeding our horses with hand made feeds. All that aside there certainly were some very nice yearlings going under the hammer over the week of the sales and it was hard work trying to buy a good valued horse.

During the first two days I bid on at least half a dozen real nice colts and as many fillies however all went for more than I was prepared to spend. I will watch with interest over the next few years as to what becomes of them. I did manage to buy a very nice colt by STRAVINSKY from a ZABEEL mare called CASSOVIA. This colt is a magnificent type and from a real performing family. He will be brought home on the direct flight out of N.Z. in a week or two and I am confident that he will develop into a classy performer. I missed out on a couple of nice colts by O'REILLY as well as a couple by PINS however this colt is especially great value in my eyes. I also have a couple of fillies by O'REILLY which I picked up at the Select Sale on Wednesday and Friday which look to be very nice types and if either of them can get close to the performances of my other O'REILLY performer I will be over the moon. GUYNO is the first horse I have trained by O'REILLY and he really is the complete race horse.

All of the above yearlings are available to be purchased as I do not have owners for them as yet however I am sure that it will not take very long for all of them to be snapped up. I am happy to sell them as shares or as a whole and I am also happy to stay in a leg of all of them. Anyone interested in finding out more should get in touch with me as soon as possible as they won't be available for very long.

Meanwhile it is back to the grindstone and out to inspect more yearlings today which will go through the Perth Magic Millions Sales in a couple of weeks. This morning I am off to Dawson Stud then this afternoon it is off to Durham Lodge. Next week I fly down to Mungrup Stud where I have managed to find a couple of nice performers over the past few years

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home