HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Friday 26 February 2010

BUSY WEEKEND AHEAD

I will be praying for a change to the heat wave conditions we have forecast for the next couple of days as we head into the weekend with a number of runners with most having some chance. I am not sure how my horses like the hot conditions which have been forecast but I do know that this little black duck is no fan of the heat. I would be happier if it started snowing!

Tomorrow we head to Ascot with three runners, CROWN OF CAITLIN, an each way chance in race 4 and MOCCASIN BEND and ESTIARTE, both good chances in the last race of the day. MOCCASIN BEND had real excuses last start and ESTIARTE is working in top style but continues to draw bad barriers. We took him out last weekend because of a bad barrier and the same thing has happened this Saturday.

On Sunday we head to Pinjarra where I have five runners accepted for at this stage and they all look like taking their places. We start the day with lightly raced filly PENNIES O'REILLY who should go close in race one. It will be a long day for all concerned as we then have to wait for the last three races for our next runners. SHE'LL BE RIGHT will step up to 2000m in race 8 before GUYNO and ALMOHAD contest the 2300m Pinjarra Cup. We end the day with CEEDEX running over 1500m in the last race of the day.

At this stage ALMOHAD looks to be my best chance on paper however I wouldn't underestimate the chances of my little mate GUYNO with Willie Pike to ride. I will be happy if either wins however I have to say i will get an extra kick as well as there being a special feeling if it happens to be GUYNO.

Whatever the day holds in store I just hope the heat stays away and allows us the chance to enjoy what is shaping as a bumper day for the club.

Providing they both perform well and pull up well, I will probably head back down to the farm with them at some stage during the week to prepare them for the Bunbury Cup on March 11th. Not sure if the country air does much for the horses but the trainer seems to thrive in it!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Jones said...

Gday Lou. I enjoy the blog although where I am here in the middle of Europe I had to laugh at your mention of snow. I am sick to bloody death of it. Good luck in the cup - i think evens Almohad is a fair price. P Jones

27 February 2010 at 2:24 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home