HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Monday 8 October 2007

LARK HILL TRIALS OFF.

The trials scheduled for Lark Hill this morning were cancelled due to the bad weather meaning the three two year olds that I had scheduled to trial will not be able to race this weekend. On top of that we will have to head to Lark Hill again next week to get the horses trialled as there are no trials scheduled for Belmont as I mentioned in an earlier posting last week.

Having the trials called off has certainly thrown a spanner into the works as far as planning to have two year olds ready to race for this weekend and even the second lot of two year old races however as if that was not bad enough, I think its time for me to have a whinge again. No I will change that. I am about to have a whinge again!

I would like to "congratulate" the person in charge of calling off the trials this morning for the timing of his decision. With trials set to begin at 9.00 am and knowing that it takes a good hour in heavy traffic to get to Lark Hill, we set off from Ascot at 7.30am this morning to give ourselves plenty of time as you do when dealing young horse. As I approached the traffic lights near Lark Hill I heard an announcement on Racing Radio followed by a call from my jockey to tell me that the trials were cancelled due to the heavy track. Now I don't have a problem with the trials being called off as it had been raining heavily. What I have a problem with is the total disrespect those in charge of the decision making process, have for the participants in the industry by cancelling at such late notice. Surely someone knew at around six o'clock that the track was going to be to heavy and could have let the industry know in plenty of time. Then again, I was one of the lucky ones. Ross price had made it to Mandurah from Capel only to have to turn around and go home.

It is not a cheap exercise to float three horses to Lark Hill with the appropriate staff only to get there and be told to turn around and go home. Thanks again to everyone involved. Remind me to buy you a drink one day!

Hoofnote: If we couldn't run trials there today, how on earth are we expected to race there next winter when the Belmont Park upgrades take place???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home