HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Friday 16 February 2007

Heavy fine impossed for race day outburst.

If you have been reading the local paper lately, you may have read that yours truly was a very naughty boy at the races on Wednesday.

My offence was that after having two horses badly interfered with (one almost coming to grief in the straight), the stewards took offence to my comments when I approached them in the mounting yard after the race. Now those of you who know me will know that Diplomacy is not my strong point and also that if I have something to say I will say it.

Unfortunately, my frustration and emotions at seeing little done by the stewards to wipe out the continual interference in races, along with the injury to horses, bubbled to the surface when I went into the mounting yard after race seven at Ascot on Wednesday. I did have a long and animated "discussion" with the chief steward which has obviously been viewed as over the top by them.

This morning I was charged with improper conduct by the stewards and fined $5,000.00 for my behaviour. Now I am the first one to admit that I should have chosen a better place to put my point of view across but unfortunately as I explained to the stewards, emotions are not really time or place compliant, thats why they are emotions. Pre meditated outbursts are a different thing.

Either way, I do not feel that the penalty fits the crime and will be doing my best to have the penalty reduced. Failing that I may need to take up a collection as the sales have left me a bit light on in the kick!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home