HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Monday 29 October 2007

TOP DAY AT ASCOT ON SATURDAY.

I do look forward to racing getting back to my favourite track and Saturday was no exception. We didn't win a race at the opening meeting the previous Saturday, however I was wrapped in the way both my horses performed. Going into Saturdays meeting I had my biggest representation for some time with four runners fronting up for the first time in the two year old race along with three other runners on the day.

My first runners were the two year olds and I was very very happy with how they all performed. We managed to quinella the race with AMELIA'S REASON and MOCCASIN BEND whilst COALFACE GIRL and MARRY UNFAITHFUL finished towards the rear yet still put up good efforts. All four babies will go for a spell now that they have completed their education and I look forward to their return for the better autumn races. I am very confident that they will all develop into handy horses for the stable over the next twelve months.

After producing AMELIA'S REASON for a brilliant first up win, my next runner GUYNO was every bit as exciting a win even though he was favourite and expected to win. He has come back better than ever and I am looking forward to the summer with him. He has got staying power written all over him.

We went into race six with one of my favourite horses and after already having two winners on the board, the day was looking very bright indeed. ROYALE HARVEST, who I had expected would win me my third Hannans Handicap earlier this year before suffering severe interference, came back to racing in great shape and with a real desire to perform. Her effort in coming from off the pace in a race run to suit her was very pleasing for the connections and myself but also for the staff who love the mare so much. There is something about this "old girl" which makes her very easy to like.

Although we didn't finish in the money in the last race I could not help but be impressed with the performance of KING OF THE STALLS in the last race. For some reason this horse just will not perform at Belmont however if Saturday's run was anything to go by, he will not take long to win his next race.

All in all a great day for the stables and it was especially nice to catch up for a drink with some old mates from Collie on the day. Even though their horse did not win, they still managed to have a good day on the punt and we all enjoyed a cold drink or three at the bar in between my runners. I can only hope that they all pulled up better than I did on Sunday morning as it has taken me at least twenty four hours to recover from the quiet drink or two I enjoyed with connections on Saturday night. I guess old age can do that to you!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home