HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Wednesday 18 February 2009

I MUST BE GETTING OLD!!!!

O.K. You don't have to agree with me. I have to say that after the past few weeks I hit the proverbial brick wall on Sunday in a big way and had to question whether it was old age or exhaustion!

During the past couple of weeks I like many other trainers headed off to New Zealand for the annual Karaka yearling sales. That was a case of up early as usual on Saturday morning, full day at the races then fly out on an overnight flight to NZ. Sunday was spent inspecting yearlings before attending the sales on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Fly back to Perth on Wednesday arvo then fly down to Mungrup Stud on Thursday to inspect more yearlings for the local sale. Back Thursday night late before heading to Amelia Park on Friday for a general inspection.

Friday night I had time to catch my breath before it was off to the races again on Saturday. Saturday night I caught up with some good friends from up north for a very enjoyable dinner and a quiet drink. Sunday was spent down at the sales yards inspecting more yearlings as was most of Tuesday and Wednesday. Off to the sales Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday before a long busy day at the races on Saturday.

Finish off at the races then off to help celebrate my daughters engagement with a great party which went into the wee wee hours of Sunday morning. All of this while also attending to the usual daily chores such as track work, office work, phone work and the odd social drink thrown in. No wonder I felt like a zombie all day Sunday and took a few days to recover fully. I have to tell you it is tough work this being a horse trainer! Or is it just a sign of old age creeping in????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home