HomeProfileServicesNewsHorsesFacilitiescontactLou

Luciani Racing News

Lou Luciani is one of the most experienced horse trainers in WA. He offers owners a complete package, from selecting and buying a horse through to agistment, training and racing. He takes care of everything – from organizing horse floats to taking care of paperwork – so that owners can have as much or as little hands-on as they want.

Thursday 15 July 2010

COLD AND WET COUPLE OF WEEKS

Just when we didn't think we were going to get any rain this winter, it all turned around quickly with some heavy rains and storms followed by heavy tracks and cancelled meetings. Hey, its winter!!!

I have always been the one to say that I actually enjoy cold weather but I hate the rain. At least we can keep racing in cold weather. I guess it hasn't had to big an impact on my team as we didn't have any runners last weekend and only a few during the week. After our recent Belmont treble we have had nothing but placings with more than our share of hard luck stories and below average rides. On the flip side I guess when we have a win it is sometimes courtesy of an above average ride but not often! I better get off that subject before I upset someone!!!!!

We have certainly had a few runners of late who have put in great performances however to be honest most of them are not top class horses, they are simply running up to their best and a bit of luck goes a long way with them.

If we can have our share or preferably more than our share of good luck this coming weekend, we may end up having a good day. Jason whiting is back on board most of my runners again this weekend after having missed nearly six or seven weeks due to injury. He has only had a handful of rides for me since he has been back in the saddle and he has not taken long to get the feel of things. Now that he is a bit more "match fit" I expect him to start kicking home more than his share of winners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home